Thursday, July 21, 2011

Anyone got a free web site for researching your family tree?

I am trying to build my family tree and I found a great web site to do so at geni.com. Its set up so that when you add people to your tree you can put their e-mail in and send a request for them to join and they can add to the tree so you don't have to fill everything in yourself and they can add stuff you don't know. The problem is the site doesn't offer genealogy or a family finder to research the past. Everyone I have invited has joined and started adding what they could if I hadn't already put it in. Down side is that my parents don't know anything past their grandparents and don't even know if their grandparents had siblings. I was wondering if anyone knew a good site for finding people in your past that is 100% free (not looking for free trials), or know a way to get info on finding out who your related to. Side note I no longer live anywhere near where I was born and raised (also where the most of my family grew up but also moved away) so going to search public records is kinda out of the question. Thanks much 10 points for one that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment