Wednesday, July 20, 2011

LCL/Menicus tear in knee?

So I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday. I am getting an MRI tomorrow on my left knee. I'm not quite sure what the results might be, and I'm a little nervous. He did some tests to see where the pain was and concluded that I might have contusions (bruises) or a tear on either my LCL or Meniscus. He took some xrays and said that my bones were fine but decided I needed an MRI to see my ligaments. The pain is on the outside of my left knee, there is bruising and swelling and it is tender (hurts to touch). My leg is also stiff, but I am still able to walk on it, but it kind of hurts on the outside when I do so. So basically about a week and a half ago I was playing basketball and it just started hurting? I did not hear or feel a pop, but it made me limp for a few days when running. Like 2 days after I was walking and I felt a little popping on the inside but that only lasted about 2 min and didn't hurt. So what do you think is wrong? Did I tear it or what? And also do you think it is my LCL or meniscus? I will be getting the results back Friday morning and I have an appointment scheduled so we can talk but I just kind of want to know what might be the problem? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment