Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why does my husband get so angry when I am sick?

My husband of 8 years is always so hateful, negative, and unsupportive when I am sick wether it is something little or something big. He says he doesn't care when I am sick anymore because I am sick all the time. I am not sick all the time. Last year I was having severe abdominal pains for a few months and was undergoing tests. No one could figure it out. It was to the point where I was vomitng and convlusing from the pain. The ER finally found a 7 centimeter tumor on my ovary that had twisted the ovary around twice cutting off the blood supply. I had surgery to remove it right away. He was out of the country and when he returned the day after my surgery he pushed me to go home so they won't charge for more days even though I couldn't walk. The tumor was too large to just come out the belly button so they cut open my stomach. So I went home and that night he was yelling at me and making me cry because of how much the surgery was going to cost because we don't have insurance. Meanwhile they are doing a biopsy of the tumor to see if it is cancerous (they had originally prepapred me to have a complete hysterectomy and I am only 28, but they were able to save everything since they didn't see signs of cancer). He made me cry and of course I was already in pain. He didn't help with our two kids ages 4 and 1. My mother and sister had to come 8 hours from their home to stay with me so someone could change their diapers and feed them. I applied for indigent care and got the surgery completely paid for. I even have a plan with the hostpital now. So I only pay 10 bucks copay. So whenever I go for my follow up ultrasounds and obgyn tests he gets so pissed off at me. And the other night I had severe abdominal pains again and I couldn't walk. I went to the ER and took the baby with me and he went to his friend's party. All his friends wanted to know why he didn't go with me. He told everyone including me before I left for the ER. that it was all in my head. He was married to a psychologist before me so he knows everything about psychology now and he says I am manifesting illnesses in my head and I need to see a shrink not a dr. A few years ago I tore my meniscus on my knee that I had once broken in high school. I got an mri and they wanted to do surgery. He said no way and suck it up. So I continued to work as a waitress 40 hours a week on my leg limping around in pain. Then last year he tears his meniscus and he goes to have surgery right away and gets a few months of therapy and buys himself an ultrasound therapy machine and an electric stim. therapy machine online and fancy knee wraps and ice packs and acts like a big baby and doesn't work for almost a year. So why is it ok for him and not for me. Also since the surgery and birth of my children I get UTI's once a month. So I have to go for antibiotics. I don't know why. I am not diabetic and I wipe front to back and I am a very clean person. I think it has something to do with the crappy catheter jobs done at the hospital all three times I was in (two births and one surgery). But he gets mad and again says I just enjoy going to the doctor. Who can enjoy going because it hurts to pee and then you have to wait 6 hours at dr. office and then go take 2 weeks of anitbiotics that make you nauseous and give you a yeast infection. Who enjoys that? Not me!! So what is his problem. When I got back from the ER that one night he said "So was it worth it. I haven't slept all night. You ruined my night. So what's wrong with you now. Hurry up and get into bed and stop making noise (I left for the er at 10 at night and got back at 5 am. I had to drive myself after a morphine shot and it wasn't appendicitis it was related to my ovary again a cyst burst). Now he is sick with a cold today and he is yelling at me like it is my fault he has to go to work. What is his problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment