Thursday, July 21, 2011

Have i torn my meniscus/cartilage?

Ive had a bad knee for about 3 month now. It often catches when walking and cracks while doing pivoting motions. I am not sure but i think the injury first started while i was dancin at the end of january. I bent down to the floor crouching on my knees and my knee locked. Also, i sometimes get the sensation that my knee is giving way and feels unstable. It sometimes hurts whilst walking too. I have looked online and my symptoms relate to a torn meniscus which apparently needs surgery. I am obly 12 and am going on holiday on june 27th. I am going to the doctors soon but the only appointments at the moment are emergency ones. What have i done to my knee and what will the recovery time be and will i need crutches/knee brace etc... Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment