Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Did i tear my ACL or MCL or MENISCUS?

OK, so literally 2 years ago i tore my right ACL and it has been a long process to getting back into a fully recovered state. I play soccer and yesterday i had a championship game. I was going for the ball, and a girl put her legs between me and the ball. So naturally I jumped over them when landing (with my feet already on the ground) this girl who was probably about 20-30lbs heavier then me just took me out. I heard a crack or a snap noise. But it didn't feel totally like my ACL injury because i could get up, I just couldn't run immediately. My friends helped me walk off half the field, but then I could walk with a little limp but pretty much normally. Now I don't recall where it hurt to begin, but right now I feel a lot of tension or pressure (it's the left leg) on the left side of my leg. I can walk up and down stairs, but it feels a lot of pressure and sometimes hurts. But what really hurts is bending it all the way, I did this less then 24 hours though. So if anyone can give me their input that would be great. Also my orthopedic told me I have naturally loose joints, and I'm a girl. (Girls are more pronee to these injuries). I'm really nervous and don't exactly know what they mean when people say does you knee feel like it's "caving in" so please help me I'm totally nervous and don't want to go through this process again. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment