Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Knee Injury: MCL or Medial Meniscus? ?

For a while now I have been experiencing pain along the inner side of my knee but over the weekend at a softball tournament it got worse. I don't remember a specific injury however it is quite painful. When I walk my inner knee feels tight and has pain with full extension and bending all the way. Also, pivoting to the left (this is my left knee) hurts significantly. There is minimal bruising and swelling but it takes a lot of force for me to bruise. There is also tenderness and pain when I press on about an inch over from my kneecap and just a little lower from it. Would this be a meniscus or mcl injury? My coach wants me to get it looked at but my mom isn't concerned. Will it get worse? Also what type of treatments are involved? I have been icing and whatnot but there is no change. Also, I play alot of softball, so can I still play? Or would I have to take time off? Thanks a bunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment