Sunday, July 17, 2011

80 yr Old Dad in End Stage CHF Lasix slowly working?

Our Dad was admitted to the hospital for the second time in a week yesterday. He had over 32 lbs of water weight. They upped him from 1/2 lasix water pill to 4 last week and sent him home. He ended up in ER yesterday with same 30 lbs water being retained. I spoke with his doctor and they are going to remove as much water as they can and send him home in a day or two. I am his health POA and I asked the Dr where do we go from here? He said day by day, he is going to send him home on oxygen and have some home health aides come in a few times per week. I asked the nurse if she though he could continue living alone until this fall and she told me I'd be fortunate to still have him than? I am scared has anyone gone thru this? My Dad is stubborn and wants to die in his home, I want to move him home as my siblings and I live three hours away? How long do we have

No comments:

Post a Comment